Specialised Helmet - Ambush Comp
When ripping down the trail, the last thing you need to worry about is if your helmet will protect you in a crash. Then again, you don't want to be stuck wearing a full-face on every trail ride. This is why we created the Ambush, the lightest and most ventilated extended coverage helmet available. We've teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL—a new, ultra-light, and supremely comfortable version of MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL, we've essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings. Starting with protection, the Ambush boasts a significant amount of extended coverage, Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS foam that manages the energy from impacts effectively, and a Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton that provides extra structure for the foam. Even with the added protection, though, it fits comfortably with our low profile and fully integrated Mindset 360 fit system. With its five height positions, this system provides unmatched adjustment, while an integrated dial allows for on-the-fly tinkering. The Ambush also keeps you cool with our 4th Dimension Cooling System's massive vents and exhaust ports, so you don't have to worry about overheating—even on the hottest days. Finally, we included a micro-indexing visor that quickly adjusts positions and has plenty of room for goggle storage. Combined, these features put the Ambush well in front of the competition.
- New MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date and is exclusively available on Specialized helmets.
- Patented aramid-reinforced skeleton provides internal EPS support. Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Mindset 360 fit system provides a secure, customizable fit with 360-degree tension adjustment, five height positions, and an integrated dial for easy, on-the-fly adjustments.
- Micro indexing visor allows for a wide range of fast, secure on-trail adjustments, as well as convenient goggle stowage.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with massive vents, internal Cross-Channels, and aligned exhaust ports increases airflow to keep you cool.
- Low profile in-molded shell with smooth, snag-free exterior shape.
- Extended coverage for added protection and durability.
- Lightweight, quick-drying liner features a Gutter Action Brow that channels moisture away from eyes.
- This helmet is ANGi ready, with a fit system mount designed for easy integration with our ANGi crash sensor. Our available aftermarket ANGi sensor gives you and your loved ones peace of mind like never before. When combined with our Specialized Ride app, the ANGi sensor will evaluate the forces acting on the helmet in the event of an accident and, if necessary, send a text message to your specified contacts with your location.